MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > WSRToolkit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Feature Requests

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Feature Requests
    Posted: 02/Oct/2008 at 8:58am
Hello and thank you for your interest in the WSRToolkit.

Please use this forum thread to list any features you'd like to see in future versions. 

Thanks!  Thumbs%20Up

BradT
cmwilkerson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmwilkerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Oct/2008 at 8:29pm
New Feature Requests:

Mobile Profile of Vocabulary, etc.,  that can be used on multiple computers.

Edited by cmwilkerson - 09/Oct/2008 at 10:45am
Dr. Chris Wilkerson
Carson Doctors Group
MVP TabletPC
www.MedicalTabletPC.com
www.Digital-Doc.com

mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Oct/2008 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by cmwilkerson cmwilkerson wrote:

New Feature Requests:  
Mobile Profile of Vocabulary, etc.,  that can be used on multiple computers.
In the thread at:
http://www.msspeech-forum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33&PN=1

Wes used the document on how to backup your user profile to put his profile on a Thumb Drive. You could move the files this way.

Marty
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
See us at: http://www.mymsspeech.com
mdeisher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdeisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Oct/2008 at 2:36pm

Hi.  I'm used to Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking that has options to enroll (train) and transcribe with files recorded on digital voice recorders.  It would be very useful to me if you could add, on the "Train From Text" tab, an option to read the training speech from a WAV file instead of capturing it live from the microphone.  Thanks!

--Mike

mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Oct/2008 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by mdeisher mdeisher wrote:

Hi.  I'm used to Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking that has options to enroll (train) and transcribe with files recorded on digital voice recorders.  It would be very useful to me if you could add, on the "Train From Text" tab, an option to read the training speech from a WAV file instead of capturing it live from the microphone.  Thanks! 
Have you tried the Transcription feature of the WSRToolkit yet? It is really very good. If you have already added your regular documents through the Train from Text tab and you enunciate clearly, you will get at least as high accuracy as through Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

Marty Markoe, MyMSSpeech.com

Edited by mmarkoe_admin - 13/Oct/2008 at 8:28pm
mdeisher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdeisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Oct/2008 at 1:09am

I found that accuracy was not very good.  That's why I'd like to train on audio from the digital recorder.

--Mike

BradT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Oct/2008 at 8:37am
Originally posted by mdeisher mdeisher wrote:

--Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's a good idea.  We'll take a closer look when we begin planning for version 2 of the Toolkit.

In the meantime...

If you'd like to experiment a bit, I believe you can achieve some pretty impressive results using Transcription within the Toolkit.  Here are the steps I've used to get good recognition accuracy with transcription.

Notes: Steps #1 & #2 aren't required, but you may want to keep your 'production' profile safe while you experiment.
  1. Backup existing speech profile (see PDF file in download section)
  2. Create new speech profile (see PDF file in download section)
  3. Set up your microphone within Vista ("Peter dictates to his computer...")
  4. Use the 'Train From Text' option within WSRToolkit (Rainbow Passage)
  5. Use the 'Add From File' option within WSRToolkit (use documents that represent your style of communicating.  The bigger the file, the better!)
From this point, hopefully you'll see accuracy within the 98% range (or better) depending on how large a file(s) you use in step #5.  Also, be diligent in correcting misrecognition errors by using the proper "correct that" syntax.

If you're still getting poor recognition with transcription, try working your way through the 'additional training' within Vista:

Control Panel -> Speech Recognition Options -> Train your computer to better understand you

A word of caution about this additional training:  I've had mixed results.  With some microphones/recorders it has helped, but with others it has been detrimental to accuracy.  This may take some experimenting on your part.

Thanks again for your suggestion.  Hope these steps get your transcription recognition accuracy up.

Brad

rmloeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmloeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Jan/2009 at 10:32am
One request; one possible bug.

The bug - The '?' is a valid symbol in a listenFor statement, but if I enter it while creating a command macro, the editor throws an exception when I attempt to save.

The request -- I need to build about 200 macros for Photoshop.  Once the user selects an application, I'd like it added to the drop down list so that I don't have to navigate the full path each time.  (I get around this by using the editor to create all the rest of the macro, then using Notepad to insert the application name, but that's awkward.)

Thanks,

Rog
BradT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Jan/2009 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by rmloeb rmloeb wrote:

The bug - The '?' is a valid symbol in a listenFor statement, but if I enter it while creating a command macro, the editor throws an exception when I attempt to save.

Hi Rog,

Thanks for using the Toolkit...

We'll put this on the next release's to-do list, but in the meantime (you probably already know this), just create your command without the '?' then edit it via the Macro Editor tab and add it in.  Not exactly perfect but it's a simple workaround.

The request -- I need to build about 200 macros for Photoshop.  Once the user selects an application, I'd like it added to the drop down list so that I don't have to navigate the full path each time.  (I get around this by using the editor to create all the rest of the macro, then using Notepad to insert the application name, but that's awkward.)

You can add the program name manually to the "In The Context Of" textbox instead of having to navigate each time.  For instance, if the program name is "Photoshop.exe", just manually enter it into the textbox without clicking the Browse button.  The full path is not needed for correct operation.  It was only provided to allow users to "hunt" for the application.  For rapid fire action, copy "Photoshop.exe"(or whatever the program executable is called) minus the double-quotes to the clipboard and you can copy/paste after each macro creation.  We'll also look at a long-term solution for this with our next release of the Toolkit.

Thanks for posting your feedback, I hope these answers gets you working more productively.

Brad
gadgetfl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadgetfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Feb/2009 at 11:15am
I agree with the need for this.
Maybe a custom XML file list or a recent application list.

mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Feb/2009 at 11:53am
Originally posted by gadgetfl gadgetfl wrote:

Greg, we thank you for your incisive input. Please reference your question to the item you are referring to. This thread has gotten larger than the original question and I cannot figure out what you are referring to needing?

One of the options when responding to a message is to use the "quote tags." See the top of this message where it starts, "Originally posted by gadgetfl." Just begin the reference with [quote-] and end with [/quote-]. Leave out the hyphen which I put in so this would not create the pullout quote in this message.

Marty

Edited by mmarkoe - 15/Feb/2009 at 11:55am
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
gadgetfl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadgetfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Feb/2009 at 12:05pm

Once the user selects an application, I'd like it added to the drop down list

mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Feb/2009 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by gadgetfl gadgetfl wrote:

Once the user selects an application, I'd like it added to the drop down list
One of the items on our Version 2 WSRToolkit is to have a window open alongside your current application. It would be application sensitive so when you changed applications, the SpeechMacros available to the active application would appear. In other words, if you are working in Word 2007 a small window sits on the desktop next to Word 2007 containing your Word 2007 Speech Macros. When you switch to Photoshop CS4, the small window will now show the Speech Macros for CS4.

Be advised, althought this is one of the items on the Version 2 WSRToolkit list, we have not explored its complexity. If doable it will be added.

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.

Edited by mmarkoe_admin - 15/Feb/2009 at 12:16pm
GG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Mar/2009 at 5:26am
1.  I would like to be able to import a folder of documents at one time into the add from file screen. You know like if I have a bunch of txt documents or word documents in a folder. This would really save me a great deal of time.

2.  I would also like to be able to import a two column file into the text macro area.
The first column would represent the When I say and the second column would represent the insert the text block.  This could be a txt, csv file or even a xls file.

3. I would like to be able to import a multi-column file but this time, I want to be able to select whether I want to import all the columns or pick the ones I want. 

4.  I would like to be able to format the text that I type into the text macros so when it prints onto the screen the information has the format that I want such as center a line,  bold, italics, underline, etc. (similar to the choices we have here on the forum.

5. I would like to be able to copy and paste formatted test from a document I have already created in another document into the text macro area and keep the format of the original document.

6.  I would like to be able to copy a table into the text format and have it retain the format and when I give the command for it to type onto the screen, I want it to type in the format that I pasted when I set up the macro.

I have not tested the macro editor, but I wish there was more information available on where or how to create the macros there.

I think this is a good product. It is very easy to use and the more I use it the better the accuracy.

mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Mar/2009 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

1.  I would like to be able to import a folder of documents at one time into the add from file screen. You know like if I have a bunch of txt documents or word documents in a folder. This would really save me a great deal of time.
As mentioned in our response to one of your other posts at:
The add from file feature is not meant to build a language model. It is meant for a professional to add from 20 to 100 reports to help improve the likelihood that the way they use words in context of other words will improve the likelihood of recognition.

To answer your question, this is very simple. In Word 2007, open your first document, put the cursor at the end of the line, then click the Insert menu, then on the far right of the Toolbar, drop down the list for Object and select Text from file and browse to the next file. When you finish, save your single document for later use should you need to create a new user profile on another computer.

Quote 2.  I would also like to be able to import a two column file into the text macro area.
The first column would represent the When I say and the second column would represent the insert the text block.  This could be a txt, csv file or even a xls file.
This is not something that can be done now, and it is not likely to be in any future release. The hope is Microsoft at some point will release a speech profile backup tool like in Dragon and you would only need to do this once. As it is you can backup your Text Macros and save them to another computer and import them to a new user profile. Just click on the Macro Editor tab in the WSRToolkit. Click Open and you will see all your macros (text and command). At the top you will see the path to these macros for you to back them up.

I am truly surprised you say you like the WSRToolkit. From your questions itt seems you have not looked at each feature tab where there is a fairly complete description of what each does and directions for doing. In addition, when the WSRToolkit is installed a PDF users guide was installed in case you need clarification.

Quote 3. I would like to be able to import a multi-column file but this time, I want to be able to select whether I want to import all the columns or pick the ones I want.
I spoke to one of my programmers about your wants. He feels everything you wish is doable. The cost  for your customizations is $20,000.00. Please contact me off line if you wish to place a 50% deposit for us to start working on this?

Quote 4.  I would like to be able to format the text that I type into the text macros so when it prints onto the screen the information has the format that I want such as center a line,  bold, italics, underline, etc. (similar to the choices we have here on the forum.
We will be happy to teach you how to program this. The cost is $200.00 an hour. Let us know if we should send you a bill?

Quote 5. I would like to be able to copy and paste formatted test from a document I have already created in another document into the text macro area and keep the format of the original document.
No problem. See response #4 above.

Quote 6.  I would like to be able to copy a table into the text format and have it retain the format and when I give the command for it to type onto the screen, I want it to type in the format that I pasted when I set up the macro.

No problem. See response #4 above.

Quote I have not tested the macro editor, but I wish there was more information available on where or how to create the macros there.
You can see #4 above or save a bunch of money by purchasing the $9.99

Quote I think this is a good product. It is very easy to use and the more I use it the better the accuracy.
Thank you. Hope you now have a clear understanding of how things work. When I was in grade school I read how internal combustion engines worked. I did not really get a grasp until I purchased my first motorcycle (a 305cc Yamaha back in 1967). After a couple of weeks I bought the mechanics manual. Starting at 7 am one morning I took the whole engine apart on the street (175th Street and Macombs Road in the Bronx). I lay all parts out carefully on a an old big sheet. People came by and watched. Some said you'll never get it back together. About 6 pm it started to rain but I finished at 6:30 pm. I opened the gas cock, set the choke and the first kick on the kick starter she started right up. People looking out their windows and people on the street started clapping. Heck, it was no magic, I read the instructions.

Marty Markoe
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic