MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > Macros and Macro Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Expand and Collapse Command"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Expand and Collapse Command"
    Posted: 06/Jun/2009 at 12:46pm

When I am in Microsoft Newsgroups, there are lots of threads and next to each thread there is a little white arrow and at the moment, the only way I can expand the thread to show all the messages within that thread, is to use the mouse grid.

I have tried to make a command macro to automatically expand the thread but it did not work. I looked up the functions on a keyboard to see what they do and left arrow and right arrow expand and collapse threads, but there is no functions of these kind in the “Simulate Key Press” “Command Keys” within the command macros section in the WSR tool kit.

So then I tried another function, go after was which when I looked up in “Windows Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts”, virtually does the same thing.  It is telling me that “NUM LOCK + ASTERISK (*) on” is a shortcut for “Display all subfolders under the selected folder”.  So when I was within the command macros section within the WSR tool kit, in the “When I Say” box I selected “Display” – in the “Simulate Key Press” “Command Keys” section, I chose “NUM LOCK +”.      Then in the “Numbers Letters Words” box, I put in an asterisk sign like so  *.

Then I went into Microsoft Newsgroups and tried it with a thread which was highlighted. I then said “display” in the hope that the macro would work and expand the thread but it did not. Cry

Can anyone tell me where I have gone wrong?   Am I using the right command for this kind of keyboard shortcut?

Cheers

andy t
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic