MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > WSRToolkit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transfer from Digital Voice Recorder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cul1649 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transfer from Digital Voice Recorder
    Posted: 09/May/2009 at 2:23am

Hi Everyone.

I am 'Brand" new at trying to use this particular format.
I bought 'Digital Voice Recorder'. I am a Region Club President
-Elect and have been recording the meetings. I want to transfer
the voices and information on my Recorder to my PC by USB2
cable. I am using Windows XP.
My aim is to hear the recording through my P.C. speakers.
Be Able to back up the recording by transferring it to Flash
Drive.
And turn the information into a.PDF file
I have throughly read the manuel, but I cannot figure how to
download the meetings from my Recorder to my PC.
I have Windows Media Player installed.
If anyonce can help me in simple language. Step 1,2,&3
I will be most appreciative.
Sincerely
cul1649
mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2009 at 5:44pm
There is no software that can turn a digital recording of more than one trained voice from speech to text. Large vocabulary Speech Recognition software requires each user to train the software to their voice. In addition, you cannot speak conversationally to the computer. You must enunciate each word clearly, speak in phrases and say the punctuation marks (periods, commas etc.) as you dictate.

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
See us at: http://www.mymsspeech.com
cul1649 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cul1649 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2009 at 6:20pm
Thank you Marty
Regards
cul1649
rtussy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Jun/2009 at 2:41pm
Marty,

Can I record a telephone interview from my digital voice recorder, transfer it to my PC, slow down the recorded voice so that I can hear it and transcribe it from my voice into text?

Please help with this. I'm desperate to transcribe many hours of interviews.
mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Jun/2009 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by rtussy rtussy wrote:

Can I record a telephone interview from my digital voice recorder, transfer it to my PC, slow down the recorded voice so that I can hear it and transcribe it from my voice into text?
Please help with this. I'm desperate to transcribe many hours of interviews.

Two messages above yours I wrote:
"There is no software that can turn a digital recording of more than one trained voice from speech to text. Large vocabulary Speech Recognition software requires each user to train the software to their voice. In addition, you cannot speak conversationally to the computer. You must enunciate each word clearly, speak in phrases and say the punctuation marks (periods, commas etc.) as you dictate. "

The best solution is to use speech recognition software like WSR or Dragon NaturallySpeaking along with your with digital recordings. What you do, is listen to the recording, pause the recording, using a headset or desktop microphone, you dictate what you just heard into the speech recognition software, and then repeat the process. This is not as best as you wished you could have it, but is much faster than typical keyboarding and much easier on your hands.

If you have not used speech recognition software previously, read, "Getting Started with Windows Speech Recognition."

Marty
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
See us at: http://www.mymsspeech.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic