MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > Microphones and Sound Input > Handheld/Desktop
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrea 300

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andrea 300
    Posted: 04/Apr/2009 at 3:49pm
I currently use the Andrea ANC 750 microphone and I am very pleased with it, however sometimes the headphones irritate my ears. Some one has recommended the ANC 300 which has the same microphone specifications as the  ANC 750. I was hoping that someone here has used this microphone and could give me some input on it.

Things I am interested in...
What is the maximum distance the microphone can be from the speaker
How is the performance when using DNS or WSR

There are three switches, Near Field (ANC), Mute Switch, and Far Field. What does it mean by Near Field and Far Field?

How is the sound quality? Anything else you would like to share.

Thank you in advance for any information that you are able to share with me.
mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Apr/2009 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

I currently use the Andrea ANC 750 microphone and I am very pleased with it, however sometimes the headphones irritate my ears. Some one has recommended the ANC 300 which has the same microphone specifications as the  ANC 750. I was hoping that someone here has used this microphone and could give me some input on it.

The Andrea ANC-300 has not been manufactured for almost seven years although some dealers purchased tons of them and still have old stock. It was not a good seller because it was not a good performer. We tested it when given to us by our Andrea representative. We had high hopes because of the active noise canceling technology. However, active noise canceling technology does not seem to work well with a microphone at a distance from one's mouth.  Our testing results were so poor, we never offered this microphone.

We tested that microphone with IBM ViaVoice and Dragon Naturallyspeaking back in the year 2000.  I can assure you the results would be the same with Windows Speech Recognition. 

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.

Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
See us at: http://www.mymsspeech.com
GG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Apr/2009 at 7:45am
Thank you. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic