MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > WSRToolkit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disable Dictation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoiceGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disable Dictation?
    Posted: 20/Nov/2008 at 10:45am

I am currently using the WSR Macros Technical Preview software to create Voice Commands for some of the things I do in some of the games that I play. However, I just found your site and your WSRToolKit, seems to allow allot more control over your commands and macros. It has a richer UI and I spacificly like the idea of the"In The Context Of" field and the ability to add delays.

My question is: Is there any way to configure it so that when I am in a specific game, the Voice Recognition system reacts ONLY to the commands I have set for that game (i.e. no Dictation mode, no Window commands...just the 20 or so commands that I use in that game)?

The reason I ask is that sometimes, if I mispronounce somthing or say something to my roomate  (without triggering the "Stop Listening" command), a random program may launch or the Start Menu may come up. This can cause my game window to minimizes and that can cause some major havok, in-game, if it happens at the wrong time.

Thank you for your time,
Darin

Edited by VoiceGamer - 20/Nov/2008 at 10:55am
BradT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Nov/2008 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by VoiceGamer VoiceGamer wrote:

My question is: Is there any way to configure it so that when I am in a specific game, the Voice Recognition system reacts ONLY to the commands I have set for that game (i.e. no Dictation mode, no Window commands...just the 20 or so commands that I use in that game)?

Hi Darin,

The "In the Context Of" feature of the WSRToolkit is a step in the right direction, but I don't know of a way to completely block unwanted words/phrases.  I believe WSR reserves the highest priority command for itself, in other words, you can't gain control to block built-in phrases like "switch to desktop".  Unhappy

Brad
VoiceGamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoiceGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Nov/2008 at 5:50pm
Hi Brad,

I kind of figured, but I wanted to confirm.

Thanks,
Darin

p.s. While I was waiting for a responce, I bought and installed WSRToolkit. Looks like it's going to make creating my macros allot easier.
BradT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Nov/2008 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by VoiceGamer VoiceGamer wrote:

p.s. While I was waiting for a responce, I bought and installed WSRToolkit. Looks like it's going to make creating my macros allot easier.

Thank you! Approve

Please don't hesitate to post if you have any questions/comments/suggestions...

Brad

funny keyboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funny keyboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Feb/2009 at 1:16pm
Voice gamer, I would really appreciate it if you could share with us what games you were able to play with the voice recognition, and perhaps share some of the macros you use for them.  I am disabled as well, and would appreciate your help.
mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Feb/2009 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by funny keyboard funny keyboard wrote:

Voice gamer, I would really appreciate it if you could share with us what games you were able to play with the voice recognition, and perhaps share some of the macros you use for them.  I am disabled as well, and would appreciate your help.
If Gaming becomes a significant topic on this forum, we can create a separate section for it and for macros to be downloaded to it.

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
See us at: http://www.mymsspeech.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic