MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > Macros and Macro Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dimensions, Measurements & Fractions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCD1317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dimensions, Measurements & Fractions
    Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 6:20pm
I have searched the forum and cannot find a related topic. If there is similar post please reply with a link.

I need to create a macro for dimensioning and measurements which will use fractions. WSR will sometimes hear a fractions and return a numerical fraction while other times return a phrase. I am not sure if I need to create an application specific dictionary or create an application specific vocabulary using the <listenFor> command. Hopefully the following will further explain.

I will say: "Two and one half inches by five feet six and three sixteenths of an inch."

WSR needs to send this to the application: 2 1/2", 5' 6 3/16"

I don't want to do this:

"Two space one slash two quote comma five apostrophe space six space three slash one six quote"

Windows Speech Recognition will do this sometimes:  2 1/2 inches by 5 foot 6 and 3/16 inches

Other times (tested in Notepad and Word) I get this:  Two 1/2 by 5 foot 6 and three sixteenths inches

I have created a vocabulary list for the intended application and can easily create a macro for the menu items and keyboard shortcuts. It would be a tremendous time saver if I can include the dimensioning syntax into the same macro. Here is a sample of what I am trying to accomplish.

I have a list of substitute words i.e.:

"by" = "," (delineates separation of x and y dimensions )

"inch" = " And Or "inches" = "

"centimeters" = cm

"sides" = s

"and" = space bar

and so on.

Also Fractions (short list of 16 most used):

"one sixteenth" = 1/16

"one eighth" = 1/8

"three sixteenths" = 3/16

etc.

I have created a vocabulary list and will appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance.

John
russ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Jul/2015 at 5:13pm
Saying "numeral" before the number should help. Try saying:

numeral two and one half inch
comma
numeral five foot six and three sixteenth inches

This worked for me most of the time.
TCD1317 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCD1317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Jul/2015 at 6:44pm
Thank you Russ but "most of the time" is another way of saying that it's faster to use the keyboard which defeats the purpose. Also using "numeral" did not work in the application.

I was able to work through my issue and successfully create the desired macro.

Regards,

John

Edited by TCD1317 - 12/Jul/2015 at 6:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic