MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remove blank lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remove blank lines
    Posted: 02/Apr/2015 at 12:38pm
I am VERY new to WSR and as such am making a lot of mistakes. One issue that seems to happen frequently is that I end up with two or more blank lines between sentences or paragraphs. This is NOT a program bug just me not doing things correctly! My question is this. How can I remove (delete) the extra blank lines that I don't want in my document. Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am trying to dictate into NotePad or WinWord.

And this is an example of what I am taling about. Note the extra lines between these two paragraphs.

Thanks for your help.
Richard
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2015 at 4:18pm
Deleting a line is easy. Just go to a blank line. You can do this by saying, "Go up one line," or any number of lines or, "Move up one line," or any number of lines and then, "Delete," or "Backspace."

However, I think the problem has to do more with Word (I don't have this problem in Notepad). In Word, right click in the document. Then click Paragraph. Put a checkmark next to Don't add space ...... (see screenshot).

Marty Markoe
russ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2015 at 5:31pm
In Windows Speech Recognition, you can say "New Line" to insert a single line break, or "New Paragraph" to enter two line breaks.

-Russ
RichardTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2015 at 9:01pm
Thanks very much guys. So much to learn but I'll get there one day!
I must admit I typed this instead of saying it.
Richard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic