MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums for New and Disabled Users. Help, Files and FAQs. > Macros and Macro Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Help, Most Macros Don't Work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Gordyne View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, Most Macros Don't Work
    Posted: 09/Jan/2015 at 9:42am
Hi Smile

It`s very strange, saying "start" "notepad" "close notepad" work 90% of the time, however when I say "one" it dictates and converts it
to text perfectly but when I set up a macro to "One" = "F1" it always ask me: "what was that?"

I want to play games using macros for F1 F2 F3... Is there a way to allow recognition ONLY for words within macros?

I want to prevent things like saying "charlie"(command in tactical game) and the WSR hear "charlotte".

I must be doing something wrong because for windows basic commands and text dictation it hear me mostly well, but for macros it almost never works Cry

Also, I set up a Macro for "Alpha" = "F1" but when I said "Alpha" it always read as "Moving"
so I prevented the word "Moving" in the dictionary but it didn't work.

Any ideas? 

Edited by Gordyne - 09/Jan/2015 at 9:49am
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jan/2015 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Gordyne

It`s very strange, saying "start" "notepad" "close notepad" work 90% of the time, however when I say "one" it dictates and converts it to text perfectly but when I set up a macro to "One" = "F1" it always ask me: "what was that?"

Why not name the trigger word F1? If that does not work, try naming the trigger word, Eff-one.

Marty
Gordyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jan/2015 at 5:05pm
Already tried that, it seems like it's  almost deaf for macros. Now it has gone a bit crazy and its not even recognizing Notepad commands.
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jan/2015 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Gordyne

Already tried that, it seems like it's  almost deaf for macros. Now it has gone a bit crazy and its not even recognizing Notepad commands.

Sounds crazy, but reboot with WSR started on boot. Worth a try.
Marty
russ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jan/2015 at 6:16pm
...and make sure the WSR Macros program is actually running.

You could also try raising the priority of the command with the following syntax in the macro:

<command priority="100">

This essentially raises the command in the "pecking order" that WSR is looking at to decide how to interpret your speaking. The range is 0 (the lowest and the default) to 127 (the highest priority).

However, if your <listenFor> statements are not very distinctive and at times mirror existing keys (like "one"), WSR may continue to struggle. Consider using short trigger phrases like Fort 1, Fort 2, and Fort 3 for F1, F2, and F3.

-Russ
 Post Reply Post Reply