MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > Macros and Macro Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WSR Macro File Causes WSR Crash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WSR Macro File Causes WSR Crash
    Posted: 13/Jan/2014 at 11:06pm
I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem that has me stumped.

In a nutshell, I've got a new computer, and I've transferred an extensive set of WSR Macros from my old computer running Windows 7 to the new computer running Windows 8/8.1. I put about ten .wsrMac files into the SpeechMacros folder with no problems, but three .wsrMac files cause Windows Speech Recognition to crash with a "Speech Recognition has stopped working" error message.

I've uploaded one of the problem files here if you'd like to try it:

FirefoxChrome.wsrMac <<Link doesn't work. See example and more details below.

This file of macros has worked fine for a long time on Windows 7, and I'm stumped as to why it's giving me problems on both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Russ

Edited by russ - 06/Sep/2014 at 12:06pm
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Jan/2014 at 2:34pm
Russ also posted his question on the Speech Computing forum. There are several posts there. If you wish to follow this on Speech Computing CLICK HERE.
Marty
russ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Sep/2014 at 11:59am
Well, the forums on speechcomputing.com aren't there anymore, so I thought I might go ahead and re-document the problem here.

After some trial and error, I discovered that on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, WSR crashes when you attempt to create a WSR macro that has [itemOnScreen] inside of a <listenFor> statement. I have had to rework all of my macros to avoid using [itemOnScreen], which is a very useful capability of the WSR macro utility. I hope someday that Microsoft fixes this bug.

Here is a simple example of the problem. While in Internet Explorer, the macro below lets you say a link on a webpage followed by "in new window," and that link will be opened in a new window. Unfortunately, this no longer works.

-Russ

<speechMacros>
<appIsInForeground processName="iexplore.exe"/>
<command>
<listenFor>[itemOnScreen] in new window</listenFor>
     <waitFor seconds=".1"/>
     <emulateRecognition>Shift click {[itemOnScreen]}</emulateRecognition>
</command>
</speechMacros>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic