MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > Microphones and Sound Input > Handheld/Desktop
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WSR control by Philips Speechmike

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redmiston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WSR control by Philips Speechmike
    Posted: 09/Dec/2013 at 1:28pm

To: Marty

Sorry for the delay, I appreciate your feedback and have finally found a solution to control WSR using a Philips Speechmike. I am a radiologist by trade and have been using dictation mikes for many years. I have need for a simpler dictation program for dictation as the hospital speech recognition dictation system is cumbersome and quite limited outside of the hospital system.
 Your medical radiology dictionary and WSRtoolkit fit the bill and now works well with WSR and the Philips Speechmike.

While the Speechmike is programable using the Philips Device Control Center, the combination of Cntrl and Windows logo key is not an option (that I know of) so I incorporated the free AutoHotKeys program and programed the Speechmike for alt-z combination (or any other hotkey) and used the AutoHotKeys macro below to send the Cntrl/Windows logo combination to turn WSR from off to listening .
 This sequence acts just like a PTT switch . Sounds like a cumbersome workaround but actually the process takes just a fraction of a second.
 I don’t like the action of the Speechmikes record slide switch so I programmed the back push button switch and this works great.

I’ve enclosed the AutoHotKeys   .ahk file for your convience or just copy and paste the macro below.

AutoHotKeys takes some learning but is not terribly difficult.......

!z::
Send {LCtrl down}+{LWin down}
Send {LCtrl up}+{LWin up}

return

The above macro is a modification of an original AutoHotKeys macro idea from "molkemon" at

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/wsrmacros/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=4725

To:redmiston

Date: November 24, 2013, 9:38:26 PST

Subject: RE: MyMSSpeech.com. Contact us

The WSR keystrokes to toggle the microphone on/off is to hold the Left Ctrl key and tap the Left Windows Key. Try this with the keyboard to confirm. This is not truly push (and hold) to talk, but is the on/off toggle.

If the SpeechMike control software allows you to program the Ctrl + Win key you should be able to assign a button on the SpeechMike. You cannot program WSR to toggle because once the microphone is off it cannot hear a command. For voice you could try using the Go to Sleep command and Wake Up command as the microphone is listening in this state. You may be able to program this with the Right CTRL key and if your keyboard has a Right Window key this should be able to toggle Sleep/Wake Up. I cannot test this as the computer keyboard I currently have does not have a Right Windows key. This used to work when I had a Vista and Windows 7 computer/computer keyboard. Do not know if this still works with Windows 8/8.1.

Marty

Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:58 PM
To: General contact
Subject: MyMSSpeech.com. Contact us

I have a Philips Speechmike Classic and the Philips control device software to change the functions of the buttonson the mike . I'm trying to control Windows speech recognition with a push to talk for dictation but after much searching have come up blank . I thought the WSRTookkit might help? Is there any way to set up the control buttons on that mike to start and stop Windows speech recognition ie (start /stop listening) in conjunction with WSRToolkit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

redmiston

mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Dec/2013 at 4:57pm
Ed,
Thanks for posting this useful information.
Marty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic