MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Website Navigation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stryyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Website Navigation
    Posted: 29/Jul/2013 at 1:22pm
Hi, I'm new to the site and speech recognition and I have a question which may be simple for some of you super duper programmers.

I have the following inside a macro.

<listenFor>Navigate [...]</listenFor>
   <run command="http://www.{[...]}.com/"/>

It works rather well after some training, however, it throws in a lot of %20's (to indicate a space) when I don't want there to be a space ever for this particular command. E.G. If I say "Navigate Youtube" it will attempt to take me to www.you%20tube.com. Is there a sneaky way around this? 

Thanks for any and all help.

mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Jul/2013 at 3:57pm
Our programmer was asked to take a look at your inquiry.
Marty
antihadron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antihadron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/Jul/2013 at 9:09pm
The main issue here is that the system is not picking up 'youtube' but 'you tube'  the middle space is being encoded to %20 on the browser.   Unfortunately, alot of the time domain names do not resolve to 'real' words.  So you have to either add them to the dictionary or to the grammar of the Macro.

See the example at:

so for this it would be something like:

<listenFor>Navigate [website]</listenFor>
   <run command="http://{[website.location]}/"/>
</listenFor>

<rule name="website"> <list propname="location"> <p valstr="www.youtube.com">YouTube</p> <p valstr="mail.yahoo.com">yahoo mail</p> <p valstr="www.cnn.com">CNN</p> <p valstr="www.wikipedia.org">Wikipedia</p> </list> </rule>

I've not tested this but it should be pretty easy to get this to work. You could also add an alternate that is exactly like what you had before to catch anything that is pronounceable and resolves to a word.

Best Regards,

Nathaniel
Stryyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stryyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Aug/2013 at 9:57am
That worked well after a couple of tweaks to make the code work! The idea is really good! Thanks Nathaniel! I tried to post my working code but it's not working for some reason. Shrug.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic