MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Training recognition using recording

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Training recognition using recording
    Posted: 25/May/2013 at 12:45pm
I have literally hundreds of hours of excellent quality audio of my (late) father speaking. I would very much like to be able to use Windows 7 voice recognition to transcribe these audio's into text, but from what I know about speech recognition apps - they all seem to require training via a microphone (not an audio recording). My question is whether any of you here have managed to do what I would like to do, either with Windows 7 or any other voice recognition app?
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2013 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by grindy grindy wrote:

I have literally hundreds of hours of excellent quality audio of my (late) father speaking. I would very much like to be able to use Windows 7 voice recognition to transcribe these audio's into text, but from what I know about speech recognition apps - they all seem to require training via a microphone (not an audio recording). My question is whether any of you here have managed to do what I would like to do, either with Windows 7 or any other voice recognition app?

The WSRToolkit found at:
http://mymsspeech.com/p-3033-wsrtoolkit-v3.aspx
will successfully transcribe audio files of a user has trained the system to their voice. They must speak distinctly, dictate punctuation and it helps to speak in phrases.

It is unlikely you will get good results without the above. You could listen to the recordings, pause the recording, and then read what you heard into WSR.

Marty Markoe

Edited by mmarkoe_admin - 25/May/2013 at 9:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic