MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trying to open certain programs but given a list?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to open certain programs but given a list?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
russ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to open certain programs but given a list?
    Posted: 01/Apr/2013 at 10:57am
Ella,

You could also assign a priority to the macro you created, which should make it execute ahead of the built-in "start" voice command. Like this:

<command priority="100">
<listenFor>start ?google chrome</listenFor>
<run command="C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" params=""/>
</command>

Priorities can be from 0 to 127, where 127 is the highest priority.

-Russ
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Mar/2013 at 9:45pm
Try renaming the Launcher to Tauncher and save it. This may solve the problem. If it causes other problems, rename it back to Launcher.

BTW, this is not a WSR caused problem. WSR is just recognizing files that start programs.

Marty
ellachase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellachase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Mar/2013 at 9:41pm
Yes. No matter which one I choose they both open the programs. But I think part of the problem is because when I go to my Programs (x86), for both programs I see that there's the regular ".exe" and then there's a "launcher" as well. 

Could it be that it's confusing one or the other or are they two different things?
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Mar/2013 at 9:19pm
Do both options for Chrome and iTunes open the programs?

Marty
ellachase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellachase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Mar/2013 at 11:58am
Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie here to the forums, so please excuse me if I posted this in the wrong topic. But I seem to be having a bit of an "issue" with my WSR (well, it's more a pester I might add).

When I try to open certain programs (specifically Google Chrome and iTunes) and I tell my computer, for example, "Open Google Chrome," it comes up with a list that says: 1) Google Chrome () and 2) Google Chrome (Application). I don't know why it's giving me this, as when I tell it to open other programs it opens them seamlessly. But it's doing the same thing with iTunes. 

I created a speech macro specifically linking to each .exe of the program (from my C:\Programs location), but it's still giving me the list of options to choose from (which quite frankly I don't even know what is the difference between Chrome () and Chrome (application) and iTunes () and iTunes (application) as when I look for both of them in the start menu the only thing that comes up is the program itself). 

I'm sorry if this is confusing anyone, but I just want to know if there is a fix for this as when I ask it to open my two most used programs I have to try and dictate which one I want, when I believe they are both the same. 

Thank you guys in advance!!!

Ella
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic