MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > Macros and Macro Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WSR Macros Technical Preview 2 Posted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WSR Macros Technical Preview 2 Posted
    Posted: 28/Sep/2008 at 6:37pm
Technical Preview 2 for WSRMacros has just been posted at:

http://download.speechmacros.com/

This should be the last update from Microsoft until the official Version 1.0 is released by the end of the year.

Brad

Juanitou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juanitou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Sep/2008 at 12:49pm
Hi!

If you're using non-ASCII characters, such as accented letters, don't forget to add an encoding declaration to your macro, for example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

And, sure enough, to save the file as UTF-8!

Edited by Juanitou - 29/Sep/2008 at 12:54pm
Juan Ramón Molina Menor
EuroVértice Consultores S. L.
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Sep/2008 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Juanitou Juanitou wrote:

If you're using non-ASCII characters, such as accented letters, don't forget to add an encoding declaration to your macro, for example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

And, sure enough, to save the file as UTF-8!
Thank you for the great tip.

Marty
cmwilkerson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmwilkerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Oct/2008 at 10:21am
I've installed the WSRMacros.msi but when opening the WSRToolkit, I get an error message stating the application is not installed?
Dr. Chris Wilkerson
Carson Doctors Group
MVP TabletPC
www.MedicalTabletPC.com
www.Digital-Doc.com

BradT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Oct/2008 at 10:31am
Originally posted by cmwilkerson cmwilkerson wrote:

I've installed the WSRMacros.msi but when opening the WSRToolkit, I get an error message stating the application is not installed?

Did you change the default directory for WSRMacros install?  By default, WSRToolkit looks in the "MyDocuments\Speech Macros" directory. 
For me, the "MyDocuments" directory is: "C:\Users\Brad\Documents".

Can you verify that the directory exists? ("MyDocuments\Speech Macros")

Are you able to load WSRMacros (verified by its icon in the system tray)?

All of the features (except for 'Text Macros', 'Command Macros' and 'Macro Editor') will work just fine even if WSRMacros isn't loaded.

Brad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmwilkerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Oct/2008 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by BradT BradT wrote:

Did you change the default directory for WSRMacros install?  By default, WSRToolkit looks in the "MyDocuments\Speech Macros" directory. 
For me, the "MyDocuments" directory is: "C:\Users\Brad\Documents".

Can you verify that the directory exists? ("MyDocuments\Speech Macros")

Are you able to load WSRMacros (verified by its icon in the system tray)?

All of the features (except for 'Text Macros', 'Command Macros' and 'Macro Editor') will work just fine even if WSRMacros isn't loaded.

Brad

Installed without errors but can't even find a folder on my HD called, "Speech Macros," and it is not under My Documents.  Like you said, everything else works.
Dr. Chris Wilkerson
Carson Doctors Group
MVP TabletPC
www.MedicalTabletPC.com
www.Digital-Doc.com

BradT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Oct/2008 at 6:57pm
Installed without errors but can't even find a folder on my HD called, "Speech Macros," and it is not under My Documents.  Like you said, everything else works.

Hmmm.  That's weird.  I wonder where the speech macros (with the extension .WSRMac) are going?  Have you created any macros either with WSRToolkit or via notepad?

Brad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmwilkerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Oct/2008 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by BradT BradT wrote:

Hmmm.  That's weird.  I wonder where the speech macros (with the extension .WSRMac) are going?  Have you created any macros either with WSRToolkit or via notepad?

Brad

Ah, now that I know the file extension, I found my signature macro under: c:\Users\Chris\Documents\MacroBuilder

Never the less, when opening the toolkit, the error occurs.

Edited by cmwilkerson - 08/Oct/2008 at 9:55pm
Dr. Chris Wilkerson
Carson Doctors Group
MVP TabletPC
www.MedicalTabletPC.com
www.Digital-Doc.com

BradT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Oct/2008 at 3:03pm
Ah, now that I know the file extension, I found my signature macro under: c:\Users\Chris\Documents\MacroBuilder

Never the less, when opening the toolkit, the error occurs.

I've been thinking about this and believe the WSRMacro facility isn't installed on your system for some reason.  If you don't make any changes to the installation of WSRMacros.msi, it will create a directory on your system named:

C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Speech Macros

If it doesn't, I don't believe you will have speech macro functionality.  Here's the link for the latest (TP2) WSRMacros.msi, just in case:

http://download.speechmacros.com

Brad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmwilkerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Oct/2008 at 10:10pm

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still same error on opening the toolkit and still no Speech Macro folder under my documents. By the way, this problem is not unique to a single computer but in fact, it occurs on 3 different computers!

The folder that does house my macros is C:\Users\Chris\Documents\MacroBuilder

Edited by cmwilkerson - 09/Oct/2008 at 10:11pm
Dr. Chris Wilkerson
Carson Doctors Group
MVP TabletPC
www.MedicalTabletPC.com
www.Digital-Doc.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmwilkerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Oct/2008 at 10:12pm

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still same error on opening the toolkit and still no Speech Macro folder under my documents. By the way, this problem is not unique to a single computer but in fact, it occurs on 3 different computers!

The folder that does house my macros is C:\Users\Chris\Documents\MacroBuilder

Maybe you should uninstall and reinstall yours, renaming your orignal folder.

Edited by cmwilkerson - 11/Oct/2008 at 10:57am
Dr. Chris Wilkerson
Carson Doctors Group
MVP TabletPC
www.MedicalTabletPC.com
www.Digital-Doc.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic