MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with certain letter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniellll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with certain letter
    Posted: 28/Sep/2008 at 4:55am
Hi,

I have a USB sennheizer headset + Andrea USB adapter + WSR toolkit and still I am facing serious troubles whenver I wantto spellthe letters r and l. If I want to correct a  word and say"spell it" spelling the letter" l" would give me "m" or" n" and and spelling the letter "r "would give me "o" or" 2". I have invested a lot of time and money to let speech recognition work and I still can't believe that I can't correct a simple word. Any help , hint, or trick is appreciated.
D
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Sep/2008 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Daniellll Daniellll wrote:

Hi,

I have a USB sennheizer headset + Andrea USB adapter + WSR toolkit and still I am facing serious troubles whenver I wantto spellthe letters r and l. If I want to correct a  word and say"spell it" spelling the letter" l" would give me "m" or" n" and and spelling the letter "r "would give me "o" or" 2". I have invested a lot of time and money to let speech recognition work and I still can't believe that I can't correct a simple word. Any help , hint, or trick is appreciated.
D

Hi Daniellll,

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry for the slow response...

I've had a similar problem with the letter z and just couldn't get WSR to recognize it.  Try using "helper" words when spelling.  For instance, when spelling, say "L as in Lima" (that's pronounced "Leema", by the way).

Here are some suggestions for helper words. Hope it helps! Smile

A = Alpha
B = Bravo
C = Charlie
D = Delta
E = Echo
F = Foxtrot
G = Golf
H = Hotel
I = India
J = Juliet
K = Kilo (keelo)
L = Lima (leema)
M = Mike
N = November
O = Oscar
P = Papa
Q = Quebec (kaybek)
R = Romeo
S = Sierra
T = Tango
U = Uniform
V = Victor
W = Whiskey
X = X-Ray
Y = Yankee
Z = Zulu

Edited by BradT - 29/Sep/2008 at 4:39pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Sep/2008 at 12:43pm
Daniellll,

I just had another idea about the spelling recognition problem.  Have you tried adding the troublesome letters to your speech dictionary with pronunciation?  That may just do it...

Brad
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Oct/2008 at 9:53am
Originally posted by BradT BradT wrote:

Daniellll,

I just had another idea about the spelling recognition problem.  Have you tried adding the troublesome letters to your speech dictionary with pronunciation?  That may just do it...

Brad

Daniellll,

I had yet another idea!  Smile

If you say "L as in Lima" and the computer doesn't recognize the letter L, you might try adding the word "Lima" to your speech dictionary (with pronunciation).

Brad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic