MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > Accessibility for the Disabled
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carpal tunnel - questions about WSR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floradd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpal tunnel - questions about WSR
    Posted: 27/Dec/2011 at 1:35pm
I have bad carpal tunnel and wondering if W7 Speech Recognition can help me.  Using AutoHotKey I have programmed three of my keys to substitute for Left Mouse Click, which is what hurts me the most.  But I can't use them to subsitute for Left-click-hold while I move the cursor. Ouch! Want to move to WSR.'

In programs such as My Publisher, a photobook publisher like snapfish or kodak, there's an awful lot of left clic hold. Help?  Will WSR work with that type of program?

What's a good inexpensive head mic to buy, any recomendations?

Thanks!
Floradd
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Dec/2011 at 6:22pm

Floradd, WSR is designed for people with disabilities in mind so I definitely think you would benefit from using it. WSR is part of Windows 7, however eMicrophones developed add on software called the WSRToolkit that gives added functionality to WSR. The WSRToolkit allows you to create macros, which can perform simple to complex tasks with vocal commands. See the link below:

As for headset microphones, we only recommend products that are noise cancelling and will give you good speech recognition accuracy in realistic environments with background noise. The Andrea ANC-700 or the VXI Talkpro Express or UC1 are both excellent but affordable choices.

Matthew
eMicrophones, Inc.
floradd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floradd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Dec/2011 at 6:54pm
Hi Matthew, thanks for the reply.

Do you know specifically if the WRS Toolkit can give me voice "drag n drop" functionality?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Dec/2011 at 8:59am
Originally posted by floradd floradd wrote:

Hi Matthew, thanks for the reply.

Do you know specifically if the WRS Toolkit can give me voice "drag n drop" functionality?

Any command you can issue by keyboard keys can be easily created with the WSRToolkit macro wizard which leads you through the process step by step.

Marty
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Dec/2011 at 9:47am
As a follow up to floradd's query, first Google:
"Use Mouse Keys to move the mouse pointer"
It says, "With Mouse Keys, you can use the numeric keypad on your keyboard—instead of the mouse—to move the pointer." Also gives the key combinations. For example, the first command macro might be Toggle mouse keys. You would program:
Left+alt+left+shift+num lock

This will toggle mouse keys on or off.

To see this for yourself just try it on the keyboard.

Marty
floradd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floradd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Dec/2011 at 12:36pm
I have a Goldtouch ergonomic keyboard which is great, but it does not have a numeric keypad.

Actually, I do not have to use the pointer function, as I can easily move the mouse. Can I

1) left-click-hold and move the mouse

2) drag and drop?

Those are hte moves I need help with.

Thanksfor your interest in helping.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Dec/2011 at 2:38pm
Floradd,
Marty is currently out of the country on vacation but I did speak with him and he said he gave you the google search term for this and all the answers were there.
Michael, eMicrophones
Sixwheels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixwheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Apr/2013 at 4:22pm
I don't know whether this issue was ever resolved, but perhaps there are others who would like an answer to this question. There was no mention of the "mousegrid" command, which will absolutely allow you to mark one object for dragging and dropping to another location.
floradd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floradd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Apr/2013 at 12:35pm
Thanks, that is very good to know and I didn't realize it had that capacity.
Floradd
mrmotorway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmotorway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Jun/2013 at 4:17am

just read this post and found a link on another subject hope it helps.

http://voicefinger.cozendey.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic