MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speech UX configuration not responding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcpeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speech UX configuration not responding
    Posted: 26/Oct/2011 at 1:50pm
Have been having trouble over past couple days with WSR not working properly.  When turn it on and dictated, it hears and types "Moving", and my cursor moves to another location.  I tried to use the "improve speech recognition" but the program keeps "not responding" and when I go to close the program I get a message saying "Speech UX configuration not responding." 

Any ideas what is going wrong here?   Thanks
andy t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Oct/2011 at 5:31am

Originally posted by mcpeg mcpeg wrote:

Have been having trouble over past couple days with WSR not working properly.  When turn it on and dictated, it hears and types "Moving", and my cursor moves to another location.  I tried to use the "improve speech recognition" but the program keeps "not responding" and when I go to close the program I get a message saying "Speech UX configuration not responding."  

Any ideas what is going wrong here?   Thanks

Hi mcpeg,

I suspect your current speech recognition profile has become corrupt for some reason.  This happens to me from time to time.  It may be time to make a new user profile from scratch.

To do this; Start Menu > Control Panel > Speech Recognition > Advanced speech options.  Then on the Speech Recognition tab under the heading "Recognition Profiles," click the "New" button and give your new speech profile another name.  (Different to that of your previous one).  Then click OK and follow the prompts/training the new profile and configuring microphone etc.

Once you have done all that, you should have a brand-new profile starting from scratch.

It may pay you to download the free Microsoft speech apps that are available from Microsoft on the web along with the modestly priced WSRtoolkit available from this site.  With these apps at your disposal, you can backup and/or restore any speech recognition profile that becomes corrupt at any time.  This then saves you the time with making and training a new speech profile from scratch each time a corruption happens.

Hope this helps

andy t

Edited by andy t - 29/Oct/2011 at 9:18am
mcpeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcpeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Oct/2011 at 12:39pm
Thanks.  I tried this, but it did not work, either.   While trying to train the new profile it did not hear my voice and I kept getting a "Not Responding" message.   I went back to my old profile with a new headset, hoping it was just my microphone.  This did not help either.   My program is just acting quirky.   Now, what it is doing, is the following:  

I will dictate, and the program does nothing.  Then, when I go to close the program, because it is not working, the dictated text suddenly appears on the screen with a bunch of "if if if" added on.   

I hate to delete my old profile because I have more than a year's worth of extreme training.  I wish I could figure out what is up with my program.  Are there any bugs/infections that affect it??

Thanks so much.

M. Collins
mcpeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcpeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Oct/2011 at 12:58pm
Just a note to let you know I finally figured it out.  I had plugged a webcam into my computer and the webcam program hijacked my setting.  So, I switched the device from the webcam, back to the front microphone, and that did the trick.   Whew.  I am so glad for this.  Thanks for the help
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Nov/2011 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by mcpeg mcpeg wrote:

Just a note to let you know I finally figured it out.  I had plugged a webcam into my computer and the webcam program hijacked my setting.  So, I switched the device from the webcam, back to the front microphone, and that did the trick.   Whew.  I am so glad for this.  Thanks for the help
The first thing to check when you have audio problems with WSR is to check if your Default input device is the microphone you wish to use for dictation. This is easy to do. Right Click (not Left) the speaker icon in the lower right Taskbar. Select Recording Devices and make sure the device you wish to use has the checkmark.

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic