MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MSS use with another app active

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kjacob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MSS use with another app active
    Posted: 06/Jul/2011 at 9:27am
I am new to this forum and to MSS so I apologize for any stupidity I bring with my questions.

1. I am a radiologist currently using Dragon Medical 10.1 for dictation. The problem I have with Dragon is maintaining focus, that is, if on the same computer I am dictating in one window and trying to view images in another window the dictation will stop when I am at the same time viewing images... I must then move my mouse back to the dictation window and repeat which is annoying and very inefficient. It results in me using two computers at the same time one for dictation and one for image viewing.  I am told MSS does not have this problem. Can anyone verify that MSS will allow both apps to work at the same time?
2. I am also interested in a lexicon for radiology and information on how to load to MSS if available.
3. Finally, the toolkit available for MSS... is it free or not and what exactly in layman's terms will it provide me.

Thanks 
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Jul/2011 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by kjacob kjacob wrote:

I am new to this forum and to MSS
Windows Speech Recognition is commonly known as WSR. We should probably rename our forum WSRForum. Smile

Quote 1. I am a radiologist currently using Dragon Medical 10.1 for dictation. The problem I have with Dragon is maintaining focus, that is, if on the same computer I am dictating in one window and trying to view images in another window the dictation will stop when I am at the same time viewing images... I must then move my mouse back to the dictation window and repeat which is annoying and very inefficient. It results in me using two computers at the same time one for dictation and one for image viewing.  I am told MSS does not have this problem. Can anyone verify that MSS will allow both apps to work at the same time?
And now are dictating into this window. I will now switch over to an image program and continue dictating. Switch to Lightroom. Sadly, the alternates panel showed up with the last phrase I dictated. The text did not appear in this box.

Quote 2. I am also interested in a lexicon for radiology and information on how to load to MSS if available.[quote]
One of the Trigram vocabularies would work for Radiology.

[quote]3. Finally, the toolkit available for MSS... is it free or not and what exactly in layman's terms will it provide me.
The WSRToolkit Version 2 costs a whopping $25.99. The web page describes the features in Layman terms and has a screenshot of the features. In a nutshell, the WSRToolkit adds many of the features you expect in speech recognition software.

Marty Markoe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic