FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows Speech recognition Toolkit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows Speech recognition Toolkit
    Posted: 06/Jul/2011 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Rag Rag wrote:

Well it works well in DNS. I have added thousands of words, untrained to DNS and it seems to recognise almost all of them. To me WSR is only half cooked by comparison.
Half cooked, yes. It is FREE in the operating system and if you pay the $25.99 for the WSRToolkit it adds many of the features of Dragon.

I probably misunderstood your unusual reasoning for wanting to just add words. As Chuck Runquist pointed out in another forum, you can add a list of words through the WSRToolkit. However, you will need to add the pronounciation for each and have the option whether each should be capitalized.

Marty
Rag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Jul/2011 at 9:20pm
Well it works well in DNS. I have added thousands of words, untrained to DNS and it seems to recognise almost all of them. To me WSR is only half cooked by comparison.
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Jul/2011 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Rag Rag wrote:

Im aware of context and language models and improving rec from running thru documents.I just would like to know if the toolkit does add words from documents or add word lists the way DNS does. Regardless of context etc adding word lists for rec certainly does work and i really need this feature if I am to go anywhere with WSR.
No. WSR is not designed to work that way. We could find no way, nor logical reason why most people would want to add just words.

Marty
Rag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Jul/2011 at 5:27pm

My question has been asked before and there doesn't seem to be a definite answer on it.

Will the windows toolkit go through doucuments and pick out unknown words and add them to the custom Vocabulary(in large amounts)??. Easily like DNS does it??. I have seen a post where the user of the toolkit has to open an individual window for each word, although that was in 2010.

Im aware of context and language models and improving rec from running thru documents.I just would like to know if the toolkit does add words from documents or add word lists the way DNS does. Regardless of context etc adding word lists for rec certainly does work and i really need this feature if I am to go anywhere with WSR.

Cheers

R

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic