MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > WSRToolkit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WSRToolkit Download Site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WSRToolkit Download Site
    Posted: 11/Jun/2011 at 11:45am
I've downloaded and installed the WSRToolkit software and entered the licence key.  When I launch the program, a message appears indicating that "Windows Speech Recognition Macros is not installed".  The message indicates that the software needs to be download from the following site and installed:

http://www.downloads.speechmacros.com

However, this site does not appear to exist.  Moreover, the WSRToolkit software appears to be working.  I've been able to scan documents and have text read back, but I've been unable to create a macro.  The software indicates that it is building the macro, but no file is saved.

How can I verify that the WSRToolkit software is installed properly? Do I need to re-install the program and where do I download the software from?
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Jun/2011 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

I've downloaded and installed the WSRToolkit software and entered the licence key.  When I launch the program, a message appears indicating that "Windows Speech Recognition Macros is not installed".  The message indicates that the software needs to be download from the following site and installed:
Where did you receive this link? The correct link is:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=fad62198-220c-4717-b044-829ae4f7c125&displaylang=en
Without WSRMacros you cannot create and run macros with or without the WSRToolkit.

Quote How can I verify that the WSRToolkit software is installed properly? Do I need to re-install the program and where do I download the software from?
The program is installed properly because you are able to scan documents. Once you install WSRMacros all will work.

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.

Edited by mmarkoe_admin - 11/Jun/2011 at 10:32pm
JasonCook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonCook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Mar/2012 at 10:52am
I am having an identical problem.

I've (very carefully) installed the WSR Macros from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=fad62198-220c-4717-b044-829ae4f7c125&displaylang=en

I've also copied the WSR Profile tool to the WSR Toolkit install directory (C:\Program Files\WSRMacros).

In fact I've uninstalled the WSR Macros and the speech toolkit several times now, to no avail. Each time I get the "It appears that the Windows Speech Recognition Macros application is not installed..." message.

Have Microsoft sneakily updated their WSRMacros.msi, perhaps?

Anyway I really need to get this working. Please help.

Jason
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Mar/2012 at 11:14am
Originally posted by JasonCook JasonCook wrote:

I've also copied the WSR Profile tool to the WSR Toolkit install directory (C:\Program Files\WSRMacros).
The directions in the Installation and Readme file say:
"Once downloaded, it should be COPIED TO THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY FOR THIS PROGRAM (E.G. C:/PROGRAM FILES/SPEECH TOOLKIT).  If it is not present in this directory, the Backup button will be greyed out." Are you sure you put the Profile Tool in the WSRMacros folder? If so, move it to hte Speech Toolkit folder.

Quote In fact I've uninstalled the WSR Macros and the speech toolkit several times now, to no avail. Each time I get the "It appears that the Windows Speech Recognition Macros application is not installed..." message.

Have Microsoft sneakily updated their WSRMacros.msi, perhaps?
Nothing has been updated sneakily or otherwise as far as we can tell. is the file, "WSRMacros.exe" in the folder, "C:\Program Files\WSRMacros?" If not, then WSRMacros is not installed. If it is, then try rebooting the computer if you have not already done so. If you have rebooted, uninstall WSRToolkit and WSRMacros from Control Panel/Programs and Features. REBOOT as this will clean out the Registry. Then reinstall and it should work.

We have never been happy with the Install Program for WSRToolkit (V1 or V2) because of the need to manually download, install and move files. Even though the WSRToolkit has been certifed compatible (a very involved process to do this) we were not permitted by the powers that be at Microsoft to include the WSRMacros and the WSRProfile as part of our installation program. This is why it is so complicated. The good news is, once installed there have been no reports of the WSRToolkit not functioning correctly.

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic