MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > WSRToolkit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transfer macros to new computer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transfer macros to new computer
    Posted: 22/Jan/2011 at 10:32pm
How can I transfer macros I've written using WSR Toolkit from one computer to another? 
The new computer has Toolkit version 2 installed.
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Jan/2011 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by CharlieD CharlieD wrote:

How can I transfer macros I've written using WSR Toolkit from one computer to another? 
The new computer has Toolkit version 2 installed.
Here is the path to my WSRmacros:
C:\Users\Martin Markoe\Documents\Speech Macros

Macros end with the extension .WSRMac. Install WSRMacros on the new computer and copy and paste the macros created on the old computer into Speech Macros on the new computer.

Marty
CharlieD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Jan/2011 at 1:47am
CharlieD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Jan/2011 at 1:23am

Marty,

Thanks for the reply. I apologize for leaving the blank space yesterday. I had to leave in a hurry and must have inadvertently clicked on "Post Reply".

I had already tried the cut and paste procedure with no success. The macros would not execute. Since your answer confirmed that this was the correct procedure I started reading the instruction manual and realize that I had not set the security level to "low" as per the instructions.

Quoting from the manual:

"Click 'Security' then 'Set security Level'. Choose 'Low'.
This is an acceptable option while you become familiar with the WSR Toolkit and developyour macros. You can always come back to here the security level to 'high' as wellas digitally sign your macros once you gain more familiarity with the macro system. You may decide it is desirable to leave the security level set to low."

After following this instruction, the macros worked OK. I'm entirely ignorant as to what this is all about.  If you have time, could you briefly explain the relationship between the security setting and the functionality of the macros? What does my familiarity or unfamiliarity with the system have to do with it? The security level has to be low in the beginning, how come I can set it to high later on. What does it mean to "digitally sign" a macro?

If you don't have time to answer here, could you refer me to a good source of information on the subject?

Charles
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Jan/2011 at 10:28am
Originally posted by CharlieD CharlieD wrote:

The security level has to be low in the beginning, how come I can set it to high later on.
I've never tried setting a macro to high security after using it. As I created the macro I know it is not a malicious macro. Macros imported from other users, come from trusted and known users. I would not use a macro from someone I do not know.

Quote What does it mean to "digitally sign" a macro?

Microsoft is trying to protect you from inserting malacious software on your computer. When you create your own macros, it really doesn't matter if you set the Security Level to Low.

Marty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic