MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does windows recognition learn?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bipolarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does windows recognition learn?
    Posted: 31/Dec/2010 at 11:22am
When you correct it? I swear I've corrected certain things 60 times or more and the same mistake is still being made. Yet it seems other times it remembers. I only have one user account so that can't be the issue. Thanks in advance.
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/Dec/2010 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by bipolarbear bipolarbear wrote:

When you correct it? I swear I've corrected certain things 60 times or more and the same mistake is still being made. Yet it seems other times it remembers. I only have one user account so that can't be the issue. Thanks in advance.
3 methods to attack the problem in order:
  1. Do not correct individual words. Correct words in the context of the words around the misrecognized word. If I say, "I am going hunting with my friends," and it comes up, "I am going hurting with my friends," I will say, "Correct going hurting with," and make the correction within.
  2. If the above does not work, use the Dictionary tab of the WSRToolkit to add a word or phrase.
  3. If both of the above fail, create a text macro.

Marty

bipolarbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bipolarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Jan/2011 at 11:12am
I do that also, when possible but there are certain words that have too many different contexts they could appear in, such as proper names. I've noticed it has a particularly difficult time with names that contain letters pronounced in any way other than the normal way. Example, a soft J.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Jan/2011 at 11:32am

I do that also, when possible but there are certain words that have too many different contexts they could appear in, such as proper names. I've noticed it has a particularly difficult time with names that contain letters pronounced in any way other than the normal way. Example, a soft J.
There is no way for the developers of speech recognition software to program pronounciations that extend beyond the range of the, "normal way."

The tool provided for the, "other than the normal way," is to Record a pronunciation on Finish. Because you said, "I do that also," I assume you mean all of the suggestions, one of which was to use the Dictionary tool in the WSRToolkit? If you have added words to your personal dictionary, go back and record the pronunciation:
  1. Click the Dictionary tab in the WSRToolkit version 2
  2. Click the Manage Words button
  3. Click Change Existing Words
  4. Click Edit a Word
  5. Find the troublesome word in the list and highlight it
  6. Click Next and then click Next again
  7. Put a checkmark in the box Record a pronunciation on Finish
  8. Record the pronunciation and try dictating it

I had a problem with words like, add, audio, eleven, etc. and the above method solved the problems for the most part.

Marty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bipolarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Jan/2011 at 12:16pm
No I haven't purchased the toolkit yet, but I have recorded the pronunciation of any word I've added to the dictionary. Even so, I notice if I ignore the correct pronunciation in favor of the more "traditional one", it'll type the word properly.
I'm considering buying a new Sennheiser from you though. I already have the original MD 431, but it's powered by battery, which is kind of a nuisance if you use it all the time.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Jan/2011 at 1:10pm

No I haven't purchased the toolkit yet, but I have recorded the pronunciation of any word I've added to the dictionary. Even so, I notice if I ignore the correct pronunciation in favor of the more "traditional one", it'll type the word properly.
A guy goes to the doctor and says, "Doc, it hurts when I raise my left arm. What should I do?" The doctor says, "Don't raise your left arm."

Quote I'm considering buying a new Sennheiser from you though. I already have the original MD 431, but it's powered by battery, which is kind of a nuisance if you use it all the time.
I've been using a Sennheiser MD431II since 1994 for speech recognition. I've seen older models without the II designation but never saw one requiring a battery. The only Sennheiser we've seen with a battery is the ME65/K6.

You, or anyone, who purchase a Sennheiser MD431II can put the following in the Order Notes section of the first page of the Shopping Cart:
"Marty said to send the download and license key for the WSRToolkit Version 2 at no charge with the purchase of a Sennheiser MD431II."

Marty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bipolarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Jan/2011 at 2:14pm
Very generous of you Marty. Thanks
trust me, the original ones did. I bought it at manny's music of 48th street so long ago I can't remember when. I was a professional musician in those days. It was 500 bucks even back then. But yes, it has a battery and on and off switch, although you actually have to attach the little lever yourself. It's intended to be used with phantom power, but of course my computer doesn't have that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bipolarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Jan/2011 at 11:45am
I've just placed the order and followed your instructions, thank you Marty.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Jan/2011 at 3:18pm

I've just placed the order and followed your instructions, thank you Marty.
The Sennheiser MD431II is going out today.

Thank you.

Marty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic