MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dictation Box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dictation Box
    Posted: 13/Nov/2010 at 3:53pm

Quote 2. You can have a dictation box pop up in non compliant Windows.

What is the command for opening up the "Dictation Box" in WSR?

I have tried saying "Open the Dictation Box", "Open Dictation Box" or just simply "Dictation Box" and none of those work.

Cheers

Andy

mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Nov/2010 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by andy t andy t wrote:

What is the command for opening up the "Dictation Box" in WSR?

It is called the Dctation Scratchpad. Click Here to read about it.

Marty

Edited by mmarkoe_admin - 13/Nov/2010 at 4:54pm
andy t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Nov/2010 at 10:47am

Hi,

I am in a bit of a dilemma. I read all about the dictation scratchpad in WSR. The problem I have is that if I say "Enable the Dictation Scratchpad" (which apparently is the command that triggers it as shown in show speech options >options menu), it interferes with another macro I have which sounds similar to that.

Is there a way of changing the name of the command for this macro? If so, how?

I have another macro which is called "Enable Dragon" which, when triggered, turns off WSR and turns on Dragon from an off position. Unfortunately, when I say "Enable the Dictation Scratchpad", it sounds similar and it shuts down WSR but does not turn on Dragon so both speech apps are in the off position and being a quadriplegic, there is nothing I can do. Then I have to call someone to turn one of the speech apps on so I can continue.

Am I using the dictation scratchpad rightly or does it work in a different way to what I am trying to achieve? I have it checked on the show speech options >options menu. Does it only come into use when there is no way you can dictate WSR into an application and then it does the business?

It is not imperative that I have this working but I was just intrigued seeing as it was included with Windows 7. If it is going to interfere with my other macros, then I may just as well open WordPad or Notepad to achieve the same goal.

Hopefully, you'll be able to explain to me how it works? Yes, I have read the overview you posted Marty.

Cheers

andy t

Edited by andy t - 15/Nov/2010 at 10:53am
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Nov/2010 at 11:36am
Originally posted by andy t andy t wrote:

Is there a way of changing the name of the command for this macro? If so, how?
Easy. Right click the blue oval Windows Speech Recognition Macros icon in the lower right Taskbar. Choose Edit Speech Macro. Highlight the macro you want to rename and right click and select Rename. Type in the new name and make sure it ends in .WSRMac

However, I think you may really mean, how to change the trigger word(s) for the macro? If so, open the macro in Notepad. look for the line beginning <listenFor>xxxxxxxxx</listenFor> and rename the trigger word (the xxxxx) to something distinct and different. For example I have:
<listenFor>apply payment</listenFor>
if it conflicted with a command I might rename it:
<listenFor>post payment</listenFor>

Quote I have another macro which is called "Enable Dragon" which, when triggered, turns off WSR and turns on Dragon from an off position. Unfortunately, when I say "Enable the Dictation Scratchpad", it sounds similar and it shuts down WSR but does not turn on Dragon so both speech apps are in the off position and being a quadriplegic, there is nothing I can do. Then I have to call someone to turn one of the speech apps on so I can continue.
Try renaming Enable Dragon to Enable NaturallySpeaking.

Quote Am I using the dictation scratchpad rightly or does it work in a different way to what I am trying to achieve? I have it checked on the show speech options >options menu. Does it only come into use when there is no way you can dictate WSR into an application and then it does the business?
I guess I only use standard programs as the Scatchpad has never popped up for me. I still have an "Open Dictation Box" macro created when using Vista WSR. It is below my name and you are free to copy it as it should work in Windows 7.

Marty

<speechMacros>
<!-- dictation box -->
<command>
<listenFor>open dictation box</listenFor>
<run command="wordpad.exe" params=""/>
</command>

<!-- post dictation -->
<command>
<listenFor>post dictation</listenFor>
<sendKeys>{{CTRL}}a</sendKeys>
<waitFor seconds=".25"/>
<sendKeys>{{CTRL}}c</sendKeys>
<waitFor seconds=".25"/>
<!-- switch to non-SR app -->
<sendKeys>{{ALT}}{TAB}</sendKeys>
<waitFor seconds=".5"/>
<sendKeys>{{CTRL}}v</sendKeys>
<waitFor seconds=".25"/>
<!-- switch back and clear -->
<sendKeys>{{ALT}}{TAB}</sendKeys>
<waitFor seconds=".5"/>
<sendKeys>{{CTRL}}a{250 WAIT}{DELETE}</sendKeys>
<sendKeys>{{ALT}}f</sendKeys>
<sendKeys>x</sendKeys>
<sendKeys>n</sendKeys>
</command>
</speechMacros>
andy t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Nov/2010 at 1:20pm
Okay thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic