MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SDK for WSR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Henson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SDK for WSR
    Posted: 09/Mar/2010 at 4:01pm

We develop a product which wraps round Dragon Naturally Speaking, makes it easier to use and provides a lot of facilities to access common resources by voice without having to write Dragon Macros.

We also have products to make various bits of hardware work well in a Speech Recognition system (e.g. Microphone control from foot pedals).

These are applications written in VB and Delphi.

We would like to provide the same facilities around WSR, but are not currently familiar with the programming interface to Windows Speech Recognition.

Can anyone point me to some URLs which cover programming for WSR. For example are there COM interfaces (if so what are the objects, and where can I find documentation on them), or does one need to develop in a .NET compatible programming environment?
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Mar/2010 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Clive Henson Clive Henson wrote:

Can anyone point me to some URLs which cover programming for WSR. For example are there COM interfaces (if so what are the objects, and where can I find documentation on them), or does one need to develop in a .NET compatible programming environment?
See:

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
Clive Henson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Henson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Mar/2010 at 4:07pm
Thank you very much. This looks very helpful.

A related question, can you point me at the APIs needed to find out if the audio system is muted and to UnMute it?
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Mar/2010 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Clive Henson Clive Henson wrote:

A related question, can you point me at the APIs needed to find out if the audio system is muted and to UnMute it?
I don't know of any. Try doing a Google search. We know there are APIs for setting the Volume and the SNR.

Marty
echobravo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echobravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Aug/2010 at 1:27pm
markcoe,  thanks for the links to the WSR, it was exactly what I was looking for!
I was going to use Dragon to do what the WSR Macros do, but that version of Dragon is ~$600 and WSR will not cost anything (except dev time of course)...

I use these APIs for monitoring and controlling audio controls on USB audio devices.
Also, you should be able to code in C/C++ using the speech API and not be forced into .Net

Best,
EB

Edited by echobravo - 25/Aug/2010 at 1:28pm
Clive Henson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Henson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Aug/2010 at 2:27pm

Thank you, these look very helpful

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic