MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SpeechDictionary macro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SpeechDictionary macro
    Posted: 27/Dec/2009 at 3:02pm

Rob Chambers contributed a very useful macro for adding words and pronunciation to the WSR speech dictionary. Part of this macro does not work right in Windows 7 RC. I posted about this at Yahoo Groups ms-speech forum but got little response there.

The macro will add a word, but if you then say "Add a pronunciation to the speech dictionary", the macro stops executing, and the error message "ActiveX component can't create object" is displayed. Furthermore, the new word has been deleted from the dictionary.

I cobbled together a new macro, but compared to Rob's, it's really crude. Does anyone know what causes this error in Windows 7?

Best thanks,
Daniel
mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Dec/2009 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

Rob Chambers contributed a very useful macro for adding words and pronunciation to the WSR speech dictionary. Part of this macro does not work right in Windows 7 RC. I posted about this at Yahoo Groups ms-speech forum but got little response there.
Did you see Itamar's post on the MS-Speech Yahoo Group? It says:
"All macros work under Windows 7. However, you may have to re-save each
of them not as ANSI, but as Unicode or UTF-8. When you load each macro
file with Notepad, then click on "save as", you will see at the bottom
of the application screen the 'Encoding" selection. Select "Unicode" and
save the file. If it does not work, try "UTF-8". I am not sure about the
encoding because I converted all these macros long ago when I started
working with Windows 7 RC1 (still do, waiting for the final version to
be available).

In addition, try to change security to medium or low."

Marty
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
See us at: http://www.mymsspeech.com
dtee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Dec/2009 at 6:19am
Originally posted by mmarkoe mmarkoe wrote:

Did you see Itamar's post on the MS-Speech Yahoo Group? It says:
"All macros work under Windows 7. However, you may have to re-save each
of them not as ANSI, but as Unicode or UTF-8. 

Hi Marty,

Thanks for passing this on. I missed the post but have now tried the save-as solution. SpeechDictionary's "Add a pronunciation" module still misfires as I've described. My Win 7 RC is 64-bit, while my old Vista installation is 32-bit. Maybe that's the problem. It's not a major one as I have the workaround homemade macro.

Best wishes for the holidays,
Daniel
mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Dec/2009 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

missed the post but have now tried the save-as solution. SpeechDictionary's "Add a pronunciation" module still misfires as I've described. My Win 7 RC is 64-bit, while my old Vista installation is 32-bit.
Did you try changing security to medium or low? I wonder if the RTM version fixed the problem or if it works in 32 bit Windows 7?

Marty
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
See us at: http://www.mymsspeech.com
andy t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Feb/2010 at 12:07pm

Originally posted by dtee dtee wrote:

Rob Chambers contributed a very useful macro for adding words and pronunciation To the WSR speech dictionary. Part of this macro does not work right in Windows 7 RC.l

This macro sounds very interesting and useful. I am still using Vista at the moment although I do have a Windows 7 DVD. I just have not put it on my machine yet.

Could anybody tell me exactly what this macro does and could you post the code for it for me please.

Secondly, on a complete different subject. This is a message for Russ.

I saw your name in the Microsoft Vista forums (microsoft.vista.general). Was that you Russ? Or a different Russ?

andy t
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Feb/2010 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by andy t andy t wrote:

Originally posted by dtee dtee wrote:

Rob Chambers contributed a very useful macro for adding words and pronunciation To the WSR speech dictionary. Part of this macro does not work right in Windows 7 RC.l

This macro sounds very interesting and useful. I am still using Vista at the moment although I do have a Windows 7 DVD. I just have not put it on my machine yet.

Could anybody tell me exactly what this macro does and could you post the code for it for me please.

CLICK HERE to see the whole explanation and code on Rob Chamber's blog.

Marty
andy t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Feb/2010 at 2:24am

WOW! They are some macros Marty shown on Rob's site!  Are you meant to use ALL the macros he lists there?  Do you have/use all of them?

I bet it's a job remembering what to say if you want to execute any one of them. I could cut and paste all of them into Windows speech macros and see what each one does I suppose.

What do you think?  What would be your advice?

Are you a member of that site? I have not joined it yet but it may be in my interest to do just that. What do you think?

andy t
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Feb/2010 at 7:26am
Originally posted by andy t andy t wrote:

WOW! They are some macros Marty shown on Rob's site!  Are you meant to use ALL the macros he lists there?  Do you have/use all of them?[/quote[
Just use the macros that are of use to you.

[quote]I bet it's a job remembering what to say if you want to execute any one of them. I could cut and paste all of them into Windows speech macros and see what each one does I suppose.
That is the problem with so many macros. There are so many of them it is impossible to keep track.

Write to Chuck Runquist and ask to be a beta tester for Voice Power. It will work for WSR and Dragon. With Voice Power, when you open a program, a window opens along side with the macros available just for that program.

Marty

Edited by mmarkoe_admin - 22/Feb/2010 at 4:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic