MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums for New and Disabled Users. Help, Files and FAQs. > Accessibility for the Disabled
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How to get the pronownceation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Xelalem View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Xelalem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get the pronownceation
    Posted: 10/Dec/2009 at 6:50am

I was developing a large vocabulary continious speech recognition system to translate Amharic  dictation to sign language in AMHARIC(Ethiopian language). and i want to adopt MS-Speech engine to do this for me. wat i want to know is ; is there any way to get the pronunsation of a word. i.e befor the speech engine starts comparing with the dictionary.

For example if the spoken word is Visual Studio. wat i need is something like " v ih zh uw l s t uw d iy ow" .
tnx in advance
mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Dec/2009 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Xelalem

I was developing a large vocabulary continious speech recognition system to translate Amharic  dictation to sign language in AMHARIC(Ethiopian language). and i want to adopt MS-Speech engine to do this for me. wat i want to know is ; is there any way to get the pronunsation of a word. i.e befor the speech engine starts comparing with the dictionary.
For example if the spoken word is Visual Studio. wat i need is something like " v ih zh uw l s t uw d iy ow" . 

There is a Google User Group called "comp . speech . research" you should check out.

Marty

Edited by mmarkoe - 10/Dec/2009 at 2:51pm
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
See us at: http://www.mymsspeech.com
 Post Reply Post Reply