MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > WSRToolkit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Problems with Speech Macros software

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingawanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Problems with Speech Macros software
    Posted: 14/Jul/2009 at 11:52pm
So I just bought the WSRToolkit and downloaded and installed Vista Speech Macros.  When I try to run Vista Speech Recognition Macros a box shows up saying "Can't start Speech Macros, Windows Speech Recognition Macros was unable to initialize its command system to begin operation".  When I try to open WSRToolkit.exe, a box shows up saying "It appears that the Windows Speech Recognition Macros application is not installed..." when I had just installed it.  WHat is going on here? No one else seems to get this error.  The Vista Recognition without the macro addon works fine. 

Using Vista Home Premium 64bit with Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 Microphone
mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Jul/2009 at 4:22am
Originally posted by mingawanga mingawanga wrote:

So I just bought the WSRToolkit and downloaded and installed Vista Speech Macros.  When I try to run Vista Speech Recognition Macros a box shows up saying "Can't start Speech Macros, Windows Speech Recognition Macros was unable to initialize its command system to begin operation".  When I try to open WSRToolkit.exe, a box shows up saying "It appears that the Windows Speech Recognition Macros application is not installed..." when I had just installed it.  WHat is going on here? No one else seems to get this error.  The Vista Recognition without the macro addon works fine.  Using Vista Home Premium 64bit with Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 Microphone
Do you see the blue oval Speech Macros icon in the lower right Taskbar? When you roll over it with your mouse it says, "Windows Speech Recognition Macros. If not, then Speech Macros is not installed. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features. Is Windows Speech Recognition Macros showing as installed? If not, reinstall. If it is there, uninstall and then reinstall.

Marty
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
See us at: http://www.mymsspeech.com
mingawanga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingawanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Jul/2009 at 12:49pm
I must have installed and reinstalled Speech Macros like 10 times already.  WHen I open macros the oval icon appears along with the message "Can't start Speech Macros" and I end up not being able to use it. 
mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Jul/2009 at 11:50pm

I must have installed and reinstalled Speech Macros like 10 times already.  WHen I open macros the oval icon appears along with the message "Can't start Speech Macros" and I end up not being able to use it. 
In a previous message you wrote:
"Using Vista Home Premium 64bit with Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 Microphone"

Part of the message above refers to audio devices. In our experience, web cam microphones will not perform adequately with WSR. Are you able to dictate quickly and accurately into WSR? If not, you need a new microphone and would likely benefit from a USB sound pod/card input.

Marty
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
mingawanga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingawanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Jul/2009 at 11:51am
The webcam mic hears what I say pretty accurately but I am using it mainly for voice command and not dictation and I do not want to wear a headset.  Is speech macros not working because it thinks I don't have a real mic? 
mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Jul/2009 at 8:11pm

The webcam mic hears what I say pretty accurately but I am using it mainly for voice command and not dictation and I do not want to wear a headset.
If you don't want a headset, look at desktop microphones.

Quote Is speech macros not working because it thinks I don't have a real mic?
Run the Setup my microphone utility and see if it passes? If it does not, then you have your answer. If it does, you can contact microsoft with your problem at:

Marty
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic