MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > Accessibility for the Disabled
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome!
    Posted: 03/Aug/2008 at 11:20am
This forum is for the help & improvement of the quality of life
for the disabled.. all types. The forum is Section 508 compliant.

There is a myriad of macros, often found in the "Text & Dictation" -
and the "Desktop Mgmt" folders that eliminate 50% / 70% of our
"everyday" keystrokes/mouse clicks, to accomplished our daily tasks.

MSSpeech Forum is privleged to have both highly skilled programmers, as
well as the "Father" of WSR Macros as contributors to the forum.

Via our forums, Disabled persons will be enabled to carry out Mission Critical
tasks without having to touch the keyboard and/or mouse clicks.

I am Sight Disabled, the the author of many macros found in the forum; of late,
I'm doing all kinds of everyday things that used to require keystrokes or mouse clicks; 
and by using simple, everyday two or three word commands.

Please take advantage of our forums and their myriad of information,
our help and macro-making support we are quite  proud to offer. 

Edited by a_chameleon - 04/Aug/2008 at 2:23pm
Jerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Aug/2008 at 3:30pm

Bill, welcome to the board. I know that we have a lot to learn from you! It's a pleasure meeting you.

Take care, Jerry

Take care, Jerry
jbrtn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbrtn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Aug/2008 at 1:08pm
Hi Bill:
In order to advise on disability aids, what information do you need?  I'm increasingly partially sighted and have defective hands.   While I'm new to WSR, I've had a few years experience with Dragon NS v. 9.5 Pro now.

Regards - Jbrtn
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Aug/2008 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by jbrtn jbrtn wrote:

In order to advise on disability aids, what information do you need?  I'm increasingly partially sighted and have defective hands.   While I'm new to WSR, I've had a few years experience with Dragon NS v. 9.5 Pro now.
The moderator of this forum is Jerry F. Unfortunately Jerry has been out of sorts due to the recent storms in Florida. As a matter of fact Bill who you were posting to also had to leave his home in Florida due to the heavy rains/flooding. I am sure they will respond to you within the next couple of days.

Marty Markoe
Jerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Aug/2008 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by jbrtn jbrtn wrote:

Hi Bill:

Regards - Jbrtn

Hello Jbrtn,
Welcome to the forum! From the sounds of your note to Bill, it appears that you might be a provider of technological services to the disability community. If so, we would be very interested in information you can provide with the services that you offer. If, like many of us, you have developed expertise with voice dictation products we would like to hear about your experience with that as well. Again, welcome aboard and we look forward to hearing from you.
Take care, Jerry

Take care, Jerry
Jerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Aug/2008 at 3:35pm

Hello Marty,
I hope that I never see rain again. Well, not really but after a week of it you get these strange thoughts! However, living in Florida, you have to remember the drought that we had in the spring. Which is worse, massive flooding or forest and brush fires? Here in Florida, we get to experience both! When we are tired of it, we go to Disney! Thanks for filling in and now we are good to go. But, now there is this rumor of a new hurricane down near Haiti coming this way...

Take care, Jerry
jbrtn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbrtn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Aug/2008 at 2:30am
Hi Jerry:
Thanks for the welcome: sadly I'm a buyer seeking information to alleviate my disabilities, not a seller of SR product or software!  Specific guidance is what I'm after in terms of fading eysight and negative finger dexterity.

Regards - John

Jerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Aug/2008 at 5:01am
Hello John,
Thanks for your reply.  There is so much potential in the utilization of Computer Technology to help overcome barriers imposed by physical limitations and yet it can be so difficult to find meaningful information that might apply to any of us individually.  Sharing your experience on this board certainly may help as others share their experiences with you.  Voice dictation has great potential in helping us cope with dexterity difficulties. Which programs have you tried?
Take care, Jerry
Gilles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Oct/2008 at 12:10pm
Hi,
Does anyone have experience using seech recognition with dyslexia?

Gilles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic