MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Email Address Bar Command

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Email Address Bar Command
    Posted: 08/Jul/2009 at 9:19am

Hi,

When opening up an e-mail, what is the speech recognition command to put the cursor into the address bar pane?

For example, if I say "Subject", then the cursor immediately goes into the subject bar pane of the e-mail.

I have tried saying "Go to address bar", "Address bar", but none of those work.

The closest I have come to choosing the address bar pane, is if I say the word "Colon". What this then does is highlight the address bar pane (the same highlights as when you say "show numbers"), then I just simply say ok and the cursor will be in the pane.

That way is OK, but I would prefer the command that puts the cursor in the address bar pane automatically just like it does in the subject bar pane when you say the word "Subject".

Anybody know what the command is please?

Cheers

andy t

russ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Jul/2009 at 4:06pm

Andy T,

For a message that you're looking at that you received from somebody else, it doesn't appear that there is any way to navigate to the "to" or "CC" fields except for using the mouse grid.

If you're composing a new message, you can say the following to navigate to the fields:

Go to to

Go to CC

Go to BCC

-Russ

andy t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jul/2009 at 5:36am

Russ,

Thanks very much, "Go to to" was the command I was looking for and this works a treat.

Cheers

andy t
andy t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jul/2009 at 3:49pm

Russ,

Just out of interest, if I am in the subject bar pane or the address bar pane, what command would I use to put me back in the main message body of the e-mail?

I have tried "Go to e-mail", "Go to message", "Go to message body", none of those work.

Have you got the command for this?

Cheers

andy t
mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jul/2009 at 3:59pm
[QUOTE=andy t]Just out of interest, if I am in the subject bar pane or the address bar pane, what command would I use to put me back in the main message body of the e-mail?

I have tried "Go to e-mail", "Go to message", "Go to message body", none of those work.[/QUOTE]

Just say , "Tab" or "Press Tab." To go back a field, say "Shift tab" or "Press shift tab."

To move from field to field you can say, "Press tab twice" "Press tab three times" etc.

Marty
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
See us at: http://www.mymsspeech.com
andy t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Jul/2009 at 6:44am

Quote Just say , "Tab" or "Press Tab." To go back a field, say "Shift tab" or "Press shift tab."

To move from field to field you can say, "Press tab twice" "Press tab three times" etc.

Marty

That worked!  Thanks very much Marty.

andy t

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic